Process of exporting livestock
The planning for breeding and supply of animals can begin up to three years ahead of export. Once livestock has been selected for export they follow a tightly coordinated process bound by timeframes and export protocols.
1. The importer identifies their need
- Arranges a quarantine facility in their country
- Obtains an import permit related to the facility and region
2. The importer connects with an export company
- Contract for x number of cattle of specific breed and type
- Source the cattle to meet the order